Michael Baxter (Retired) was in private practice as a trial attorney since 1991. His practice focused on consumer litigation and personal injury litigation. Mike was admitted to the Oregon State Bar in 1991. He is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, and the National Association of Consumer Advocates. In 2003, he received the NACA’s prestigious Trial Attorney of the Year award. Mike received a B.S. in Political Science from the University of Oregon in 1970. He received an M.B.A. from the University of Detroit in 1984. He received his J.D. from the Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College in 1990.
- In 1995, he obtained a $1 million punitive damage verdict against Carr Chevrolet for violations of Oregon’s Unlawful Trade Practices Act.
- In 1998, he obtained a $600,000 verdict against TRW for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- In 2002, he obtained a $5.3 million verdict against Trans Union for violations of the FCRA.
- In 2005, he obtained a verdict against Equifax for $210,000.
- In 2007, he obtained a verdict against Equifax for $200,000.
- In 2010, he obtained a $100,000 verdict in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case.
- In 2010, he received the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating ® for legal skill and ethics.
- In 2013, he obtained a verdict against Equifax for $18.5 million.
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon
Oregon Supreme Court
Oregon Court of Appeals
Oregon Circuit Courts
Credit Reports, Oregon State Bar Legal Links, December 2009.
Verdicts not intended to be representative.